Uploading pics from your hard drive

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Uploading pics from your hard drive

Post by sargentrs »

As a reader's digest condensed version on how to post pics, I thought I'd write up my own and submit it for us less technical types. In a nutshell...Scroll down to just below the Submit post button and you'll see an "Upload Attachment" tab.
Pics1.jpg
Click on this and you'll be taken to the photo selection where you will click "Browse" and go get your photo from your hard drive.
Pics2.jpg
Select your photo, click open and your photo's path will appear in the Filename box.
Pics3a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sargentrs on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Uploading pics from your hard drive

Post by sargentrs »

Click on "Add the file"
Pics4.jpg
Your photo has been tacked on the bottom of your post. You can up to 3 photos this way and they'll show up one right after another. Click "Preview" before submitting your post to see how it's going to look before making it permanent. If you want to stick a photo in the middle of your post and add a caption before and after, place your cursor in the middle of your sentence where you want the photo to appear and click the "Place inline" button next to the "Delete file" button (Which you can use to delete your attached photo)
Pics5.jpg
If it looks like nothing happened, go look at the top of your post and see if you see the "The file size is too big. Maximum allowed size is 500Kb"
Pics6.jpg
This lets you know your photo is too big. You will have to resize it, or crop it, in a photo editing program, save it and try again, or use one of the alternate methods in Keith's sticky. That's how I do it. Hope this helps some people out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Nice! I like that step in the side.
Randy
pcrecovery01

Post by pcrecovery01 »

it’s nice and easy way to upload image.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

do you have windows vista? If so, this is how i do mine. Choose pic, right click, choose open with, choose paint, left top of screen choose resize/skew, Put horizontal at 35%, vertical at 35%. Click OK, and when told so hit save, You might have to play with it till you get it right. Seems to 35% works good but you might have to make smaller.